Rat & Squirrel Cage Trap
- Ready to use cage trap: This humane trap is delivered fully-assembled to catch rats and squirrels without killing or harming them. Simply bait and set the trap before positioning. Full instructions are provided on-pack. Trap dimensions: 36 x 14 x 16cm.
- Lifetime guarantee: The cage trap is built from long-lasting, galvanised metal with an easy-to-set spring-loaded trigger action door, ideal for humanely catching fast-paced pests, securely holding them before they can be released unharmed.
- Use indoor and outdoor: Suitable for indoor and outdoor use in homes, gardens, around sheds, garages and outbuildings; can also be used on farms or commercial premises. The animal trap is rust-resistant and weatherproof so can be used outside year-round.
- Protects animal and user: This humane animal cage trap has a hand plate underneath the carrier handle for easy handling, protecting the user's hand while carrying the cage from any scratches or bites.
- Humane cage trap for control of pests: the cage contains no internal joins so any captured animals cannot harm themselves on the structure while inside. An animal-friendly alternative to catch and kill traps.
The Rat & Squirrel Cage Trap from Defenders is an easy-to-set humane cage trap. The cage comes ready to use. It simply then needs to be sited and set. It’s recommended that the cage is baited to lure animals inside for maximum catch efficiency. This live-catch cage trap has a robust spring-loaded trigger action door into which the rat, squirrel or similar-sized creature enters, lured in by food. It is ideal for use both indoors and outdoors in areas such as attics, basements, gardens, warehouses, garages, sheds, and office spaces.
The cage has a long-lasting galvanised mesh design which is hardwearing and weatherproof, so ideal for use outdoors. Near the back of the cage is a trip pan - when the creature steps on the pan, the trap door is triggered shut and the animal is trapped inside, alive, without sustaining any harm. The captured animal can be safely transported by lifting the cage with the carry handle. The top of the cage comes complete with a hand plate to offer additional protection from the captured animal to stop fingers and hands being injured. During sunnier days, the hand plate offers shade to captured animals, promoting good animal welfare.
Does the cage come ready to use or flat-packed?
The cage is sold ready to use.
Where should I position the cage?
Set and locate the cage where you've seen magpies or signs of their activity, with the entrance positioned in their walk-way.
What is the size of the cage trap?
The Rat & Squirrel Cage Trap measures 36x14x16cm.
How often should I check the cage trap?
It is important that you adhere to the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 whenever trapping live animals. It is recommended that the cage is checked every few hours so the animal can be released as quickly as possible to minimise their distress, and that cages are removed when not in use to avoid accidental trapping.
What animals should this cage be used to trap?
Find Your Nearest Stockist
Use our Key Stockist finder to show your local retailers and the STV brands they stock. These stock a wide range of STV branded products.