Rat Cage Trap
- Ready to use cage trap: This humane trap is delivered fully-assembled to catch rat without killing or harming them. Simply bait and set the trap before positioning. Full instructions are provided on-pack. Trap dimensions: 36 x 14 x 16 cm.
- Unique spring-loaded door: more efficient than gravity-led doors, ideal for humanely catching fast-paced rats, securely holding them before they can be released unharmed.
- Indoor and outdoor use: Suitable for indoor and outdoor use in homes, gardens, around sheds, garages and outbuildings; can also be used on farms or commercial premises.
- Protects animal and user: This humane animal cage trap has a hand plate underneath the carrier handle for easy handling, protecting the user's hand while carrying the cage from any scratches or bites.
- Humane cage trap for control of pests: the cage contains no internal joins so any captured animals cannot harm themselves on the structure while inside. An animal-friendly alternative to catch and kill traps.
- Lifetime promise: The cage trap is built from long-lasting, galvanised metal. The animal trap is rust-resistant and weatherproof so can be used outside year-round.
When mice and rats move in, it's time to bring in The Big Cheese! Choose from a comprehensive range of tried and tested traps, deterrents and baits within 4 straight-forward methods of control:
- Catch & Kill: Conventional spring traps with a powerful snap and hold.
- Bait & Kill: Our Home Choice range KILLS RATS & MICE. WITH 50% LESS POISON.
- Catch Alive: Live-catch traps that provide a humane alternative to lethal methods.
- Repel: 24/7 repellent protection from rodents. Poison-free and safe for use around children.
The Rat Cage Trap from The Big Cheese is an easy to set humane cage trap. The cage comes ready to use. It simply then needs to be sited and set. It’s recommended that the cage is baited to lure animals inside for maximum catch efficiency. This live-catch cage trap has a robust spring-loaded trigger action door into which the rat lured in by food. It is ideal for use both indoors and outdoors in areas such as attics, basements, gardens, warehouses, garages, sheds, and office spaces.
The cage has a long-lasting galvanised mesh design which is hardwearing and weatherproof, so ideal for use outdoors. Near the back of the cage is a trip pan - when the creature steps on the pan, the trap door is triggered shut and the animal is trapped inside, alive, without sustaining any harm. The captured animal can be safely transported by lifting the cage with the carry handle. The top of the cage comes complete with a hand plate to offer additional protection from the captured animal to stop fingers and hands being injured. During sunnier days, the hand plate offers shade to captured animals, promoting good animal welfare.
Trap is supplied with lifetime guarantee.
Know the Code
Whether trapping rodents, birds or animals, we advise users to be mindful of their legal obligations to comply with The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, and to ensure that captured animals do not suffer.
- Position traps away from natural or man-made hazards and areas prone to flooding.
- It is good practice to check cage traps regularly for catches. Remove traps that can not be regularly checked.
- Remember: the welfare of all captured animals becomes the responsibility of the captor.
- For live releases: transport animals at least 3 miles from catch-site and release into a natural environment away from any obvious and immediate risk of danger or predators. Ensure there are adequate sources of food and shelter available nearby.
What should I use to bait the trap?
The Mouse & Rat Attractant from The Big Cheese (STV163) can be used or a sticky substance such as peanut butter, jam, or chocolate spread. Poison baits should not be used inside this trap.
Where should I position the trap?
Place set traps in locations where rodent activity has been known or is suspected. Check for these signs of rodent activity. Ideal locations for traps are along walls or other flat vertical surfaces where rodents run. Always place the cage trap alongside a wall.
How should I dispose of caught rats?
The rat must be killed humanely by a quick, sharp blow to the back of the head with a blunt object, causing a minimum amount of suffering.
Find Your Nearest Stockist
Use our Key Stockist finder to show your local retailers and the STV brands they stock. These stock a wide range of STV branded products.