Magpie Trap - Flat Pack
- Lasting, galvanised, easy to assemble cage trap pops up in seconds to catch magpies, larsen, rooks and jays with single side entry door and breakable perch for easy setting. Trap dimensions: 98 x 78 x 53cm.
- Lifetime guarantee: The Magpie Trap Cage Trap is built from long-lasting, galvanised metal. Easy to assemble cage trap pops up in seconds to catch magpies, larsen, rooks and jays with single side entry door and breakable perch for easy setting.
- Cage trap has a closed compartment for confining a live decoy bird (call-bird) and a spring activated trap door for either top or side entry, use of this trap is permitted under a general license issued by DEFRA; Trap and decoy bird must be checked on regularly (at least every 24 hours) to ensure food and water for birds are plentiful.
- Suitable for use outdoors in gardens, farms or on commercial premises; in the UK, it is illegal to use a Larsen trap to catch any other birds.
- Humane cage trap has transportation handle and sun-shade as well as food and water bowls to ensure that the call-bird is well fed and watered.
Magpie Cage Trap - Flat Pack from Defenders humanely catches magpies, Larsen, rooks, jays and crows. Easy to assemble trap is made from rust- and corrosion-resistant metal and can only be used with a general licence issued by DEFRA.
Does the cage come ready to use or flat-packed?
The cage is sold flat-packed.
Where should I position the cage?
Set and locate the cage where you've seen magpies or signs of their activity, with the entrance positioned in their walk-way.
What is the size of the cage trap?
The Magpie Trap measures 98x78x53cm when built.
How often should I check the cage trap?
It is important that you adhere to the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 whenever trapping live animals. It is recommended that the cage is checked every few hours so the animal can be released as quickly as possible to minimise their distress, and that cages are removed when not in use to avoid accidental trapping.
What birds can this cage be used to trap?
Magpies, crows, jackdaws, jays, rooks.
Find Your Nearest Stockist
Use our Key Stockist finder to show your local retailers and the STV brands they stock. These stock a wide range of STV branded products.